Inner Jazz Fruit Smoothie
This fruit smoothie is packed with pineapple, mango, bananas, coconut water, a little bit of ginger, and the green superfood detox powder! It’s a great way to get hydrated and makes for an easy and quick snack, post-workout or breakfast, naturally gluten free, dairy free, and grain free.
INNER JAZZ FRUIT SMOOTHIE
There’s nothing like a refreshing, simple fruit smoothie in the summer, packed with living enzymes and structured water full of whole codes for our cells. This fruit smoothie can give you high energy and may stabilize your mood.
How you eat, the information you consume, and how you feel truly go hand in hand. Fruit can have so many benefits, especially if the fruit in question is organic, seasonal, tasty, grown close to you, and genuinely gets you “high off life”.
We knew we had to use the Wild Bloom Botanicals green superfood detox powder in this fruit smoothie. Technically all organic whole foods can be “superfoods” in the right contexts, but this blend is actually for real super. It contains only two pure, 100% certified organic, non-irradiated, raw, Canadian grown, nutrient dense ingredients: spirulina and barley grass juice powder. Both synergistically work to detoxify heavy metals from the body while simultaneously building nutrient stores. Each and every offering from Wild Bloom Botanicals is completely free of any fillers, excipients, added colours and flavours, preservatives and additives.
Spirulina is a popular supplement rich in chorophyll, fatty nucleic acids and lipids, consumed by the ancient Aztecs and may be among the most nutritious foods on the planet. It contains a large supply of nutrients and antioxidants including protein, complex carbohydrates, iron, and vitamins A and K, and the B complex.
Spirulina is useful for removing heavy metals such as mercury, aluminum, lead, cadmium and copper toxicity from the liver, reproductive system, intestinal tract, thyroid, and brain. It increases stamina levels and its rich nutrient content and bioavailable protein help build strength and can also help curb misguided cravings for a quick, rancid seed oil, pesticide filled take out meal from your local cafe after stressful overtime hours at the office.
Its magnetic attraction makes it effective at purging toxins from the body that otherwise build up due to environmental pollution. When it comes to detoxification, I’m not really drawn to harsh or invasive protocols and personally prefer more gentle/laissez-faire methods, such as slipping some raw spirulina into my meals while getting into parasympathetic state and consciously feeling safer in my body, letting it do its brilliant detoxification, naturally.
Multiple studies on spirulina have been performed and a few randomized controlled trials and systematic reviews suggest that this alga may improve several symptoms and may even provide anticancer, antiviral and antiallergic effects.
Barley grass juice powder comes from the tender young grass grown from barley seed. Similar to microgreens, it’s harvested at the peak of chlorophyll, protein and vitamin concentration before it produces any grain, making it completely gluten free!
Not to be confused with barley grass powder, barley grass juice powder has been used since ancient times for medicinal and healing purposes and is one of the best ways to consume this food as it concentrates the nutritional properties and is readily bioavailable for the body’s digestion, assimilation and utilization of its nutrients.
Barley grass juice powder is rich in vitamins A, C, B and minerals iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorous, all in perfect ratios for the body. It’s also very high in bioavailable protein and contains 20 amino acids, including 8 that the body cannot produce itself. Barley grass juice powder can stabilize blood sugar and cholesterol levels, support heart health, support your optimal weight, improve immunity, and makes for a great source of daily greens! It increases energy, aids digestion, relieves constipation, and improves hair, skin and nails. It removes toxins and heavy metals out of the thyroid and is helpful for managing and healing arthritis, migraines, asthma, fatigue, gastrointestinal and skin issues, cancer, and diabetes.
Barley grass juice powder is also excellent for assisting circulation of the lymph system by nourishing and oxygenating the vascular system and healing and soothing mucous membranes (you can also implement the practice of dry brushing and/or jumping on a mini trampoline to improve this process further!). The first known usage of barley grass was in 7000 BC, and it is believed that the ancient gladiators consumed barley grass to boost strength and endurance.
Together you’ll be getting a potent supply of many nutrients and antioxidants, including protein, iron, vitamins A and K, as well as the B complex.
BENEFITS OF THE WILD BLOOM BOTANICALS GREEN SUPERFOOD DETOX POWDER:
- restoring brain tissue, growing fresh neurons and strengthening neurotransmitters, rebuilding the central nervous system
- stabilizing glucose levels in the blood
- providing critical micronutrients for the thyroid and bolstering the endocrine system
- removing heavy metals and toxins from the liver, intestinal tract, brain, nervous system and thyroid
- containing high levels of Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) and chromium, reinforcing adrenal strength
- offering a great source of iodine, effective at nourishing the thyroid and is a nutrient that most modern people are deficient in (complement your iodine rich foods with a source of selenium such as tasty Brazil nuts – about 1-2 a day will suffice!)
- can prevent and reduce the growth of nodules, tumors and cysts, both cancerous and benign
- stops viral and bacterial growth inside the liver
We recommend taking this powder in doses of 1-2 tsp per day, daily for best results. Add it to your coyo bowls, smoothies, ice creams, kefir lassi, chia puddings, raw desserts and more!
Recipe by Root To Sky Kitchen.
Inner Jazz Fruit Smoothie Recipe
- 2 tsp Wild Bloom Botanicals green superfood detox powder
- 3 organic bananas
- 2/3 cup organic mango, cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup organic pineapple, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups organic coconut water or spring water
- 1 scoop ethically pasture raised, grass fed collagen peptides (optional)
- 1 inch fresh or frozen organic ginger
- 1 full dropper organic ginseng tincture or other herbal tincture of your choice
- shredded organic coconut, raw local bee pollen, organic calendula petals, and organic hemp seeds to garnish (optional)
In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend to reduce into a smooth mixture. Serve!
- For maximum digestibility and health benefits, consume at room temperature. If you prefer an ice cream version, freeze sliced banana, mango and papaya prior to blending, or add ice cubes (filtered water), and definitely keep the ginger to help with digestion.
- To make the colourful swirl, blend 1/2 of the ingredients with the green powder, then pour into the serving bowls. Rinse out the blender and blend the remaining ingredients on their own to make the yellow portion. Pour the yellow portion over the green portion, stir to swirl, and serve.
- Keeps for 2 days in the refrigerator in an airtight glass jar.
- Only consume foraged flowers that you know are non-toxic.